Bmw flexible charger 2.0

• I don't know, if I'd actually get the original one if I had to choose, because it's just so heavy and sturdy. It takes up a lot of space, even in the frunk. I'd say it definitely depends on what you want to do.

You could either just get a Schuko device, which is way lighter and also usually cheaper, or you might as well get something like a Juice Booster.

I myself got a third party Schuko charger for daily use, which can handle 3,6kW. The FFC is in the frunk in the car with adapters for Schuko and all 3 kinds of CEE, just in case I need it somewhere on the road.

• [...] I myself got a third party Schuko charger for daily use, which can handle 3,6kW. [...]

You are aware of the fact that Schuko is not designed to handle 16A for a longer time?

Just asking because my kids completely fried a Schuko outlet and the plug of their 16A charger.

Until now, the Schuko replacements are still okay, but I constantly keep an eye on them. And their battery is 22 kWh only, so it is unlikely that they load for longer than five hours, not up to 24 hours like the i4 could take.

For daily use with the i4, I would replace the plug and outlet with a blue camping plug and outlet.

i4 eDrive40 Mineralweiß AHK DAP PAP LCP elektrische beheizte Sitze Lordosenstütze Glasdach Kleinkram

• My employer offers 3,6kW charging via Schuko over specialized plugs. So yes, I'm aware :) But you're completely right, I shouldn't have posted this without saying that using 3,6kW charging via Schuko is usually not a good thing.

For me though it works perfectly:

Ladegerät GC EV PowerCable 3.6kW Schuko - Typ 2 zum Laden von EV PHEV
    Mobiles tragbares Ladegerät Green Cell GC EV PowerCable Schuko - Typ 2 mit einer Länge von 6,5 m zum Laden von Elektroautos und Plug-in-Hybriden.
    greencell.global